- Duration - The course is ten days long, arrival is on a Sunday and the course begins on the Monday morning. The course ends on the following Wednesday after the theory exams that consist of a general theory exam and a legal exam. The course is fully accredited throughout South Africa.
- Format of course - As far as possible the mornings are used for theory and the afternoons for practical training. Day eight and nine are used for practical assessments and day ten is reserved for writing the theory exams.
- Rifle - You are required to bring your own rifle on the course, the rifle must have a bolt action, a telescope and be of at least .270 caliber (or 7mm). Bring along at least forty rounds of ammunition. A suitable rifle can be provided at a cost R800.00 (including ammunition) if you do not own a suitable one.
- Accessories - Each student is required to bring a suitable sharp knife for caping as well as a pair of binoculars for trophy judging.
- Preparation - Special attention should be paid to the Safari Club International (SCI) and Rowland Ward (RW) minimum trophy sizes, the list will be forwarded to you upon receipt of your registration form and proof of deposit. The Limpopo Environmental Act (Summary of appropriate sections) will also be forwarded to you for study prior to the course.
- Cost - the current total cost of the course is R 12 500.00, this is inclusive of all accommodation, meals, tuition and lecture materials.
The course price inclusive of accommodation, meals & training is R12,500.